Friday, 1 June 2007

Margarita with her Salty Edge


The Margarita is the most favoured tequila based cocktail and rightly so, in my opinion! Margaritas are made together with tequila and either Triple Sec or Cointreau or another orange-flavored liqueur, lime or lemon juice and served in a salt rimmed cocktail glass.
Naturally there are many different variations, however here's my favourite ratio:

Margarita Recipe

* 5 or 6 ice cubes crushed
* 30ml ice cold water
* 40ml freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
* 10ml Tequila
* 5ml Cointreau (triple sec)

Rim one cocktail glass with salt. Shake the remaining ingredients together, pour into the rimmed glass and serve.

(Serves 1)

Image from Wikipedia

4 comments:

Mary said...

Yum, one of my favourite drinks. Nothing better than sipping one or two of these lazing in a hammica when the mercury hits 30C.. Thank you for the reminder.

neil said...

I'm not a big cocktail lover, but this would be my absolute fave. Does it mark me as a man of little taste to say that I love the frozen version too?

Emma said...

If only it was a bit warmer here then I would be out there with a frozen one!

Mary said...

It was a chilly -2C here last night which would make preparing the frozen version easy.. however, I'll save it for summer. With these temperatures, I might be tempted to take the tequila, straight up.